Tuesday, January 04, 2005

My Favorite pair of Brown eyes

I am fortunate enough to have in my life a friend with perfect brown eyes. The kind of eyes that are always loving, always patient, always wanting my company.
It doesn't matter if I rant and rave and stomp around the house. It doesn't matter if I shut myself up in my office and angrily pound my keyboard because I mistakenly thought the universe revolved around me. I don't have to say I'm sorry, or make excuses for being out of my mind. I don't have to say anything at all.
She sits patiently by and waits.
If I am gone she waits for my return. If I am asleep she waits for me to wake up. If I am working she waits at the door for me to stop what I am doing.
Such unconditional love, given freely without an agenda or fear or insecurity. I want to love like that. To give without caring about recieving, to wait untill I'm needed.
But then again, I would love to sleep most of the day, be fed regularly by a loving hand and play till I'm exhausted.

It's a dog's life...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home