Friday, November 11, 2005

The Quiet Reflections of a Very Industrious Mind

I sat for a while today and read our letters. I haven't been able to do that for a while. The emotion and energy was too much for my heart and you know, because I feel sometimes foolish when I cry, I didn't want to feel shame on top of everything else.

I started at the begining and read them all. All the love, all the desire, all the dreams and then I got to the last. How strange to know there was never a good bye between us when there was always so much else. Or maybe there wasn't more and that's the point. I see you and hear your voice when I read your words to me. I can hear you laugh and sigh. I can picture you in my mind getting sleepy and even bored. Did I bore you? You never said so.
I have so many questions. Are you well and happy? Do you think of me? Do you ever wonder if you made the right choice? I wonder those things too.
Mostly I was thinking about how much I want you to have a good life. I want you to be satisfied and filled and know what loving really means. I wish that the paper moon I put my hope in was real. I wish that life really was that easy.
Do you remember the letter you signed, "I am yours with much love and affection"?
I do.
Do you remember when I asked you to be careful?
Do you remember when I asked you to be sure?
I do.
Do you remember?
I do, everyday.

I know someday I'm going to say good bye. Your memories will be tied up with a pretty pink ribbon, just like your letters are. But today is not that day, maybe tommorrow...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I truely hope that this post isn't about who I think it is. As I do not wish you harm, but I can assure you that he doesn't think about you. He is focused on other things, other people. He is not happy, He doesn't truely know the meaning of love. He has become more vengful than ever and is still hurting me and his children, causing them psycological scars that will never heal. I remain strong and know that his actions will only eventually cause him to realize what he has done not just to his children and I, but hopefully some day to all the others that he has scorned.
I'm honestly sorry that you had to be one of them. I wish you all the peace and happiness that you deserve.

3:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home