Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Meme

I have never been too tempted to engage in Meme, but this was very interesting. As a writer and a self-proclaimed word whore, I couldn't resist.
I got this one from Jill over atWrites Like She Talks

So, here was the meme:

1. Take first five novels from your bookshelf.
2. Book 1 -- first sentence
3. Book 2 -- last sentence on page 50
4. Book 3 -- second sentence on page 100
5. Book 4 -- next to the last sentence on page 150
6. Book 5 -- final sentence of the book
7. Make the five sentences into a paragraph.
8. Feel free to "cheat" to make it a better paragraph.
9. Name your sources
10.Post to your blog.

And here are my results:

The Salinas Valley is in Northern California. He stood up tall, square, bulky in his fur, looking anxiously down over the fields, and presently he saw them coming. I begin to picture them all, living and dead, gathered together for one night in an ampitheater, or armory, or some vast silvery ballroom where they have come to remove their bow-ties, to hang up their red jackets and aprons, and now they are having a cigarette or dancing with eachother, turning slowly in one another's arms to a five piece, rental band. This happened in the days of the Democracy. And I finally began like this: When I stepped out into the bright sunlight from the darkness of the movie house, I had only two things on my mind: Paul Newman and a ride home...



Book 1. East of Eden; John Steinbeck
Book 2. Five great dialogues; Plato
Book 3. The Forsyte Saga; John Galsworthy
Book 4. Sailing around the Room; Billy Collins
Book 5. The Outsiders; S.E. Hinton

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home