Sunday, October 16, 2005

The Pulse of a New Begining

The elusiveness in your eyes is what makes me chase you
in my pajamas and down Columbus Avenue
stopping only briefly for a latte and an anonymous kiss.

It's simply the way you stand there,
with your hands behind your back.
The only illumination resting in your disheveled hair
is the one coming from the BAR sign flickering
it's translucent light filling the scene
like a can of cheap tuna just opened first thing in the morning.

You know the rythm that haunts your dreams
is coming for you and drawing ever near.
The rythm that seemingly escapes those that seek your presence.
The beat.

The Beat.

Stick out your chin and be casual.
Make them feel the complacency you only pretend
to introduce to your friends, if you can call them that.
Not quite knowing drives you farther and farther west.
West young man, "On the Road".

It's the picture of you I carry in my heart's mind,
the one in which you are not smiling,
and the elusiveness of your eyes causes me to chase you
in my pajamas and down Columbus Avenue.






JustaboutJack

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home