Monday, April 18, 2005

Women in Love

"Say you love me, say "my love" to me," she pleaded.

He looked back into her eyes, and saw. His face flickered with sardonic comprehension. "I love you right enough", he said, grimly. "But I want it to be something else."

"But why? But why?" she insisted, bending her wonderful luminous face to him. "Why isn't it enough?"

"Because we can go one better," he said, putting his arms around her.

"No we can't," she said, in a strong voluptuous voice of yeilding. "We can only love eachother. Say "my love" to me, say it, say it."

She put her arms around his neck. He enfolded her, and kissed her, murmuring in a subtle voice of love and irony, and submission,

"Yes,-my love, yes,- my love. Let love be enough then.- I love you then - I love you. I'm bored by the rest."

"Yes," she murmured, nestling very sweet and close to him.





D.H. Lawrence

1 Comments:

Blogger The Paradoxical Pariah said...

Mmmm...I heartily concur!

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home