Monday, November 29, 2004

Restlessness...

Well, okay.

I need to just say it and get it off my chest...

Monogamous relationships are difficult. Every year I get older I seem to stuggle a little bit more against the social conformity in which I was brought up. Now, here's the question, is it simply rebellion that strikes a chord in me or am I really wanting something I can't quite put my finger on?

I want to dance to the beat of primative drums, I want to swim naked in a sea of passion, I want to smell the freshness of life and death. To be touched but not wounded, to give and not be suffocated...

I want to see beyond the scope of what people present and to love imperfection with abandon.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"To love imperfection with abandon."
What a great idea! We are all taught that we should value virtue and merit. But there is value in vice and inadequacy... without them, we never know the true joy of achievement. Loving a person, complete with imperfections, is to rejoice in their success and to learn to give others a leg up. To be strong where they are weak, and vice-versa.

2:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home