Tuesday, February 22, 2005

What a precious gift

I have in my life, as many of you do, truely good friends who love beyond the scope of just merely friendship, they love in a way that becomes so much more.

I am always amazed at how these exqusite people in my life bring to me, in moments I am most needy, the velvet comfort of acceptance.

You'll never know how much I love to be loved, and the grattitude that brings to my life a fullness and a satisfaction, as a child, I never knew existed.

I recieved this last night from a dear friend I am honored to call my sister. She is an amazing woman and in part I hope one day I can be just like her.



Cherry

"If you were a song, you would be the up beat of every measure.

If you were a flower, you would be a saguaro blossom. Blooming among the thorns but always coming out on top.

If you were an animal, you would be a lioness. Perfectly capable of ruling the entire jungle, yet innately knowing the precise moment to relinquish control for the good of the pride.

If you were a painting, you would be a Picasso vibrant and unique and never needing to be framed.

If you were a dessert of course it would be cherry, not just any cherry but Cherry Jubilee. Every bite sweet and juicy and delightfully different than the one before.

Alas, you are neither a song, nor a flower, nor an animal, nor a painting, nor a dessert. You are a Masterpiece created by the very Hand of God. I am so thankful that I get to be a witness to your life.

I love you!"

Holli

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home