Friday, June 24, 2005

I miss my Bubba...

I am so excited!

I am traveling to Hartford to see my brother and his wife in July. I will get to stay a week in their new home. It's been four years since I saw him last and even though we IM and talk on the phone, it's just not the same as being in his presence.

I miss his goofy laugh.
I miss how his ears turn red when he thinks he's been funny.
I miss how he calls me "sister"
I miss bear hugs and wrestling and the way he picks me up and swings me around.
I miss his country dancing and how handsome he looks in his hat.
I miss looking at him and feeling that we are connected.
I miss our secret inside jokes when we were partners in crime.
I miss they way he lets me boss him around just because I'm the oldest.

I can't wait, I'm counting the days!
I've never been east of the Mississippi before, this should be an adventure. I hope it won't be to much of a culture shock. What if they don't have any mexican food?! :(

3 Comments:

Blogger The Paradoxical Pariah said...

Oh Geez! My hair! What the heck am I going to do with my hair in all that "wetness" (yuck!)

4:29 PM  
Blogger Tish Grier said...

yeah, the Mexican up here in Yankeeland is rather lacking in pep...but you *might* be able to find some great Italian. Most of the food is pretty bland--like alot of the people.

There are days when I seriously miss the ethnic chatter of central New Jersey...

And it's been seriously hot here lately (I'm about 45 mins from Hartford). Sometimes it's so dry your hair can catch on fire in a strong wind, while other days you just have to learn to go with the curl.

8:49 PM  
Blogger The Paradoxical Pariah said...

Tish!
Hey girl! I seriously can't tell you how excited I am. Never having been in that part of the country and loving to see new places and people and culture, I am chomping at the bit!
And I have a great friend in Mass. who's comming to take me to dinner that week, I'm going to get some REAL seafood for a change. WOOT!

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home