Wednesday, June 14, 2006

The Blah, blah, blah.

Okay so here's the deal.

If you come to me and say, "You know, I love you and everything but I really don't appreciate the way you blah, blah, blah."

And then after thinking about it I respond with, "Yeah. I see your point, of course that would bother you. I'm happy we are on the same page."

And I smile and do the kissy kissy face and all the time you're thinking, "Great. That's settled." Only as time goes by you realize I'm still doing the blah, blah, blah in the same way as before.

"Hmm." You think to yourself. Maybe I didn't explain myself well enough or maybe I wasn't serious enough in my tone to be understood fully. There by determining you should probably bring the subject up for further, more in depth review in the hopes that both parties will come to some sort of agreement amicably.

Coming to me a second time, you say, "You know, I don't think you realize how serious this is for me. I know you think of things differently than I do and that's okay, but I've got to know you get where I'm coming from. This is quite serious. I really, REALLY don't appreciate the way you blah, blah, blah."

After some quiet reflection, a serious narrowing to my brow and a gentle but firm gaze in your direction I say quite emphaticaly, "I agree whith you wholeheartedly Baby. " I even grab your hand in mine and squeeze gently for emphasis. "I understand you perfectly and yes you are very right, very right. I love you even more for bringing this up to me again and being so honest and open about your feelings. I love that about you. I want you to feel that you can tell me anything."

Now going about your bussiness, it would seem of course to you that the matter has been settled. You have stated clearly and purposefully your issue and recieved in return a thoughtful, loving reaction to your complaint. Being an adult with a level of maturity behind you it seems that there has been an agreement reached.

However, in the course of your life the blah, blah, blah continues and you start to understand that even though the issue has been clearly stated and an affirmative aknowledgement has been given on the part of the offender, there was no plan put into action and no resolution to cure the blah, blah, blah infraction. The mere fact that there was agreement about the dissatisfaction left you, on your part, feeling that that in itself was resolution.

It evidently was not.


So, where to go from here? You are left scratching your head in wonderment, regretting your assumptions of the implications of the affirmative and trying to imagine what course of action should be taken next, only to understand within yourself that the blah, blah, blah will most likely continue because a line has been drawn in the sand. It's a subtle, camoflaged line that's as solid as any underground foundation stone.

So, is the relationship worth losing to the blah, blah, blah?

Is the pain inflicted and the knowledge of the party causing infliction and subsequent ignoring of said pain worth the love and affection given and recieved?

"It just says a whole lot about priorities." You conclude silently. All the while, watching and waiting and hurting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home