Thursday, December 09, 2004

You need to be kissed Scarlet, and by someone who knows how...

I am six, and you are my best friend.We live next door to eachother and we play everyday in the sand box in your backyard. Today we are sad because you are moving away forever. We clasp hands and run be hind the big palm tree at my house. We kneel down, thinking we are hidden and the grass is tickling my leg. I start to laugh. In a flash you kiss me on the lips and run away. This was the first time my lips ever touched another boys'. Now, I am glad you are gone.

I am nine, and you are in your forties. My mother works at your trophy shop. She makes me come in and say hi. You take me in the back and let me play with the engraving machine. You say "I'll make one especially for you if you let me kiss you." I say alright, but I feel sick. I don't understand. You grab my face hard and force your lips on mine. Your face is pokey and I don't like it. I can feel your tounge on my lips and I'm afraid so I shut my mouth tight. Finally you let go and the grown-ups are laughing at me. I want to hide.I slowly come to the realisation that I want to pee my pants. This is the first time something precious and sacred is taken from me against my will. This is the first time something in my soul dies. This is not the last time.

I am eleven and you are in my fifth grade class. During math you pass me a note. It says, "Do you like me? Meet me at recess at the kickball field." At recess I see you and start walking toward you. I'm not sure what I want to say. You say if I want you to be my boyfriend you will. I say I don't know. We walk behind the diamond fence and we are starring at eachother. You are impatient because I won't talk to you. 'Well" you say, "at least kiss me. That's what boyfriends and girlfriends do, you know." Next week you write me another note and you tell me you don't want to be my boyfriend anymore. This is the first time I wonder why I'm not good enough.

I am thirteen and you are the boy down the road. We ride the bus to school every morning. When there are snow days you come to my house because both of our parents work. You are so cute, and when I stand next to you my hands get sweaty and I can't think of anything to say. I hope you like my hair. We are sitting on the back porch holding hands. You start talking about kissing. You ask me if I have ever kissed anyone. I am embarrassed so I lie and say no. You smile, lean forward and put your lips on mine. My heart is beating so fast I think it's going to explode and I'm afraid to breathe. After a few seconds I can feel your tongue on my lips and I slowly open my mouth. I have never tasted someone elses tounge before. How strange...but good. Warm and almost silky and the more I can feel it the more I want to feel it. I start to feel warm all over and then we stop. We laugh nervously and it's a few minutes before we can look at eachother. We go inside and watch Gilligan's Island. This is the first time I french kiss.

I am sixteen and you are a guy from school. You seem shy and quiet and I don't really know how to talk to you. You ask me to the movies and I don't want to hurt you so I say yes. After the movies you take me home and walk me to the door. I think you are boring and I know I don't like you. When you turn to kiss me goodnight I kiss you hard and violently. I'm shoving my hands at you and grabbing your hair. I think, "If I'm bad at it he won't ask me out again." I am right. This is the first time I use physical affection to get my way.

I am thirty and you are my best friend. The kids are gone for the weekend and we are completely alone. We lay in bed naked, side by side and spend the afternoon just talking. About everything and nothing important. You scratch my back and I run my fingers through your hair. You encircle me in your arms and I put my face in the crook of your neck. I can smell you and feel your pulse on my nose. You touch my cheek and look into my eyes. Your thumb runs lightly across my lower lip. You say the perfect thing and tears fall on my face. Your lips are so soft and your moustache tickles my nose. I know the inside of your mouth as well as my own, but I love to explore anyway. This is the first time I realise you will most likely be the last man I ever kiss.




Kiss me beneath the milky twilight,
Lead me out on the moonlight floor,
Lift your open hand
Strike up the band and make the fireflies dance
Silver moon's sparkling
So kiss me.

Sixpence

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home