Monday, July 11, 2005

Don't think for a minute...

Don't think for a minute that you can play me.

Don't think for a minute that just because you sound sincere,
I'm not perfectly aware that you might not be.

Don't think for a minute that because I choose to see you as genuine,
kind and considerate,
I'm not perfectly aware that you might not be.

Don't think for a minute that because I choose to believe you
when you say you don't lie,
I'm not perfectly aware that you might be.

Don't think for a minute that because I am happy,
I will sell my self respect for a kiss.

Don't think for a minute that your presentation
will affect my ability to see the real product for sale.

Don't think for a minute that because I laugh and love,
I am not perfectly aware.

Don't think for a minute.

I am perfectly aware.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tish Grier said...

what I, in a sense, said to Lucky Bastard when I told him not to call anymore. Thanks.

7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home